Friday, April 20, 2012

Pinterest....my new favorite teacher addiction


So for those of you living under a rock or not one to do trendy things on the internet, Pinterest maybe something new for you.  Pinterest is basically an internet pin board.  Each person can create their own "boards".....you give your board a name and begin pinning.  What you pin is websites, blogs, or basically anything that you find online that you one day might want to revisit.  If you haven't heard of Pinterest and want to know more, the best thing to do is to visit the website here.

As most people my age that have a Pinterest account I have the boards for my "future home", "future wedding", "bucket list" and all that, but what I really use Pinterest for is teaching!  I have found the cutest ideas for things to do in our room through Pinterest.  Rather than go on and on about all the different items I have found, I thought I would just add some pictures and let them do the talking!





great for teaching place value








to help remember which is the minute hand and which is the hour hand

Horton Hears a Who

We actually made these "Thing 1" and Thing 2" hands....I'll try to add the pictures to another blog post....they were beyond adorable!







one of my favorite Dr. Seuss quotes!


Roll & Draw a Love Bug


odd/even coloring page used for Valentine's Day











 These are two activities that I plan on using this summer for my "Wild Wacky Weather" class.












One aspect of Pinterest that I really like is that you have access to tons of great teacher blogs.....often times people have their blogs blocked to where you can't find them by doing a google search, but if someone pins it on Pinterest then you can find it....I have found a lot of great ideas this way.



So that is my short and sweet version of Pinterest......it is wonderful....it is VERY addictive, but the fact that I use it for work makes it not that bad....right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.