In the U.S we celebrate Dr. Suess' birthday (March 2nd) by having a holiday called Read Across America Day / I love to Read Day. In our class we generally celebrate this day by the kids wearing their pjs and having different guests come and read to our class throughout the day. This year we ended up closing school at lunch due to possible tornado weather that afternoon (welcome to Alabama springs!). The kids were heartbroken that we didn't get to do all of our planned activities. So we rescheduled "I Love to Read Day" to some time later....and honestly, probably due to the fact that I've looked at my statistics textbook today for so many hours I can hardly see straight, I can't remember when we rescheduled it for....but bottom line we were able to reschedule and the kids were able to wear their pjs and share their favorite books. It was a wonderful day! I have LOVED to read for as long as I can remember and I desire so much to teach my students to love to read.
Here are some pictures of a few activities we did to celebrate "I Love to Read Day"
We read the story One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss and then used colored goldfish to practice our graphing skills.
 |
| one of my favorite Dr. Seuss quotes |
The kids used their hands and red, white and blue paint to create their versions of Thing 1 and Thing 2. They really enjoyed painting with their hands and I thought they turned out so cute!!!
 |
| This was the finished product! |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.